Anhydrous ammonia is a highly effective fertilizer that helps farmers feed our growing population and replenish nutrients in the soil. As a fertilizer, it provides essential nitrogen for plants and is imperative that proper precautions are taken to ensure that it is handled correctly.
All anhydrous ammonia agri-retail sites in Canada must be fully compliant with the standards outlined in the Ammonia Code of Practice. The Code applies to agricultural ammonia including road and rail transportation, storage and handling of products. It outlines best practices applicable to the distribution, storage and handling of anhydrous ammonia to ensure safety and security.
Anhydrous Ammonia Code Audit
Code of Practice
- Anhydrous Ammonia Code of Practice (Effective January 2017)
- Implementation Guide (Effective January 2017)
- Ammonia Code of Practice – 2017 Amendments from 2012
- Anhydrous Ammonia Code of Practice – FAQ
- Anhydrous Ammonia Code of Practice and Implementation Guide (2012)
- Anhydrous Ammonia Appendices (2012)